We endeavour to treat personal and confidential organisation information with equal care and respect. To reflect this we are committed to upholding the statements below.
How is your information used?
We use the information that we collect for a number of purposes:
- To better understand the needs of our customers and how we can improve our platform.
- To provide a service for clubs to manage their membership.
We collect only the personal information required to provide services to our customers and potential customers. This includes:
- Email address
- Phone Number(s)
- Date Of Birth
- Date of account created
- Sign in history
The clubs using our system can also ask for relevant information when you sign up, this will also be stored in our secure database, but can only be accessed by us (The Club Membership Platform), you and the club you signed up to. Other clubs using our platform will not be able to access any information that was requested by other clubs.
Where we collect personal information, we do so on the basis that the individual has specifically consented or on the basis that an individual has or is entering into a contract with Club Membership.
Where we seek to collect personal information through our website, we will be up clear and open about this. We will make it evident when we are collecting personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
When you provide personal information, we will enter and store it in our secure database and may use it to contact you to assist with any necessary technical support.
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask to receive a copy of the data we hold on you (right to portability)
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority
- If you wish to enact any of these rights then you can do so by emailing email@example.com
IMPORTANT: In some circumstances our legal obligations can over ride the above, within certain roles it is a requirement to hold onto a record of your active history within a club. An example of this is someone that is given responsibility of under 18’s. To comply with safeguarding rules, if your club role is of a coaching/trainer role, a record of your employment, be that paid or voluntary is required by law.
Retention and data storage
When we store data, reasonable measures are taken to protect personal information from access by unauthorised persons. This information will be stored, archived and backed up as part of internal systems which are hosted by cloud service providers.
When we do store information, we keep it for the following periods:
Information gathered on our website for the purposes of using our Club Membership system will be held indefinitely, or when it is requested to be removed.
Where else does the data collected go?
As a principle we do not share any of the personal information that we hold with any third party other than the clubs in which you are affiliated with.
However in the course of running our business some data does get transferred outside of our organisation:
- To process payments the relevant information will be passed to Stripe.
- If a club is affiliated with a governing body then information may be shared with them - please see the individual clubs privacy statements for more information.
- Where we do collect personal information, this will be stored on the systems of our software cloud service providers in the UK. We have checked and will continue to check that these providers implement appropriate security measures to protect this data.
Aggregate information on the usage of our website may be passed to third parties but this will not include data that can be used to identify a natural person.
If you need more information, here's who can help:
Data Controller: Design UNLTD Limited, trading as Club Membership is a data controller and our contact is Matt Sanwell, 39A St Pirans Road, Perranporth TR6 0BJ firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer: Michelle Sanwell, 39A St Pirans Road, Perranporth TR6 0BJ email@example.com
Is this clear and easy to understand? Tell us what you think – firstname.lastname@example.org